Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hyper-v Windows 2008 R2 read and write is very slow and copy operations is extremely slow

I was working on a Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-v Deployment, using 2 HP DL 380 G6 Servers with 16 GB of memory and HP MSA 2000, after setting up the hyper-v Cluster and Installed the VM I noticed that copy, read/write operations against the SAN is very slow, and boot time takes about 2-3 minutes to complete.
little troubleshooting led me to know where, HBA drivers where updated, everything is ok, more debugging led me to the following:
to fix this issue you will need to open the MSA 2000 web admin, go to manage, configuration, disks and go to read configuration as I recall and change the mode from standard to super sequential, once done everything worked fine and performance was as expected.

really tricky one.

No comments: